Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mail Center

What do you do with all your mail? If you are like me you struggle to keep it from piling up on you. It's extra hard for me - I think - because I live in a small apartment that I share with another person who also has their own mail and personal items, and need for personal space. So I can't very well allow each area of my life to take over the apartment. But nor can I force myself to find a way to put every tool/container I need into my small bedroom.  And over the years I have been toying with different filing systems to put in bins in my closet or under my bed, in decorative boxes displayed openly in my room, etc. But all these ideas lend themselves to a format that is always "closed-off" in some manner from me, making it difficult and unappealing to use. Then, I read this really useful and simple system that A Bowl Full of Lemons uses called her "Mobile Command Center."



And it got me thinking of what I could do. I came up with a happy compromise for my situation. A small "mail center" of mine own. I will make mine own small filing system that sits on my desk that wont take up too much room but still allows me to easily file my: incoming bills (that need to be paid), papers to file, my outgoing mail, and storage for stapes, envelopes, and other desk-top items. This special organizer is: The Desktop Station.



I'll post pictures of my mail center and let you know how it's working out for me once I get it up and running!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mon, nice to read your blog of organising.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I am so terrible with my mail. I tend to let junk mail pile up and it's very messy. Great idea to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site.
    Found your site from Debbiedoo's link up party and I am your newest follower. Looking for some new ideas.

    Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!..I'm excited to see the pictures and I love to get organized, and I am always up for new ideas.
    I am new follower coming from Debbiedoos too.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly
    Hope you come by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete